Welcome to Saving with TaLis
A resources, money saving tips and deals that save money.
I am an extreme saver who enjoys shopping and paying the least amount of money possible when I shop.
Over time i’ve learned enough tricks and ways to save money about shopping, which help me walk out of the store with free merchandise and sometimes even get paid for it.
I started Saving with TaLis a couple of years ago, with the intent to help others save money when shopping as well.
Ways to Save
Mobile apps are the easiest way to save money shopping. It can be as simple as snapping a picture, or scouting sales to maximize bonuses.
These are some of the articles i’ve written to save money with apps:
- How to Use GetUpside Cashback App for Gas & Food (with Pictures)App that saves money when you eat, drink and drive. GetUpside is an addition to the several grocery cash back apps, but with ongoing earning…
- Free Dinner with Ibotta RebatesLast Thanksgiving shoppers scored a Free Thanksgiving dinner from Ibotta. In a year where the pandemic turned our world upside down, this is a welcomed…
- Coupons App – No More Coupon Clipping11 Store Cards to link to Savingstar App
Saving Money with Coupons
I discovered the world of couponing through the popular show Extreme Couponing. I was shocked to see that people can spend little money grocery shopping. However, I didn’t try couponing until I saw my grocery bill. That’s when I started to learn how to coupon and was hooked!
My kids laugh at me. Today, if I don’t have a coupon or promo code for it, I don’t buy it. I simply cannot bring myself to paying full price anymore.
In these posts I share my tips and time saving tricks to couponing:
- Extreme Couponers Favorite Coupon Tracker AppA free ‘go-to’ app for extreme couponers – Coupon tracker, stock up price list, stockpile inventory and shopping list all in one. As a couponer,…
- 3 Price List Tracking Apps for Coupon OrganizationI enjoy the thrill of saving money using coupons. But what I don’t enjoy is how time consuming it can be. Finding, cutting, sorting, filing,…
- Did You Stop Getting CVS Coupons? 10 Things you can do to Get Them AgainWhat I did to get CVS Coupons Again: After signing up with the CVS Extracare Program, I regularly received CVS coupons. One day, they suddenly…
As I learned more about couponing and using apps I became what I call “an extreme saver” – not an extreme couponer. The difference is that I don’t rely on just coupons and apps to save money. There are several other ways to save.
Saving money with apps and coupons is just one ingredient to the overall recipe that improves savings and finances.
We often overlook discounts and resources that help grow our finances. For example, where we shop or the time of day we shop can be a source of untapped savings. Even your job can be a source for saving money.
The Money Bag
Therefor I write several money saving tips that focus on budgeting and savings in categories relating to shopping for necessities like clothes, college and other education and more.
Some of the tricks, tips and savings posts to read:
- How to Save at Home DepotLooking to save money at Home Depot? Every day Home Depot has a ‘special deal of the day’. It varies every day. Starts at 12:01am and ends at 12:59pm based on your time zone. Deals are both for in-store and online with free shipping for the item. To see what the deal of the day…
- 6 Months Free Amazon Prime Membership for College StudentsDo you have a student college email? then you are eligible to get a Prime Student Membership sign up for a free 6 months membership What do you get in your trial membership? As a Prime Student member, you receive a 6-month trial that includes: FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible purchases Enjoy special offers and discountsexclusively…
- Fun Ways to Prevent Summer Learning LossLearning doesn’t just happen while in school. Learning should continue through the summer or during school breaks or closures. But students need a break from academics during the summer. However, during the summer students become victims of summer learning loss. So how would parents help their student retain all that’s learned throughout the school year…
- Search Academic eBooksThe latest academic eBooks available to read on your cell, tablet or PC. Ebooks for PCs, Macs, eReaders, mobile phones… Search our vast range of ebooks from the world’s leading academic, popular and professional publishers Savings: Use coupon code Categorysalecp to claim a 20% discount on select categories on eBooks.com
Traditionally we think of saving money in relation to our personal lives. However, our jobs, where we work and how we spend our days also affects our finances.
Whether additional expenses are the result of owning a business, your profession or where you work, the opportunity to streamline expenses and instead grow our rainy day funds just increases.
You can’t save if you’re not making money.
Living a better Life
When exploring our savings goals we should also take the time to look at our lifestyle – celebrations, things we do at home, other needs and essentials.
While a lot of aspects of our lives revolve around money, the primary goal should be to have an enjoyable lifestyle and improve our mental wellness. Do you agree?
Some of the posts I publish focus on the little things that can make our lives easier and enhance our overall well-being. Both mentally and physically or just for fun:
Frugally living happier
- Super Easy Method to Open Any Size Jar – and know if its safe to eat
- How to Prepare for a Stress Free Black Friday – Shopping From The Comfort of Your HomeI love Black Friday! Nothing beats the thrill of getting the things I want or need at a great price! Rock bottom price! However, I don’t enjoy the stress, the crowds and the super long lines to at the cash register. This is just way too much stress for me. So, I stay home, and…
- Watering your Plants while on VacationSelf Watering Planters and Systems That Save Time Watering Thirsty Plants There are several self watering planters and systems that take care of watering plants while on vacation Taking care of things at home while you are away on vacation is something we have to prepare for. Arranging for someone to care of your plants…
- What is the Next Big Shopping Event After Cyber Monday?Without doubt, Black Friday is the biggest shopping event of the year. Savvy shoppers can snag amazing savings before, during and the weekend after Black Friday. This event is so popular, it has spilled over to other countries too. A few years ago I was in Panama during Black Friday, and was surprised to find…
Resources and creative ways to save money and live financially happier
To start saving money an important first step is to think about what we want our finances to be. I always hear the terms ¨financial freedom¨, ¨financially fit¨. However, what does that mean for you in terms of personal finances? Investing & budgeting are big aspects of financial stability to learn, no matter what our ultimate savings goals are. Finances can be so convoluted. Let´s tackle it together.
I invite you to explore this site and join our group of savers.
Happy savings, TaLis
- 4 Free Credit Karma Tools That Save Money
- Shopping with Codes, Coupons and Deals
- Free Beans & Sparks Personalized Book – Just Pay Shipping
- Medicine, Tech, Sports | Rec (September 2021)
- $550 Worth of Beauty Products for $99 – Glossybox Advent Calendar 2021
- Free Reading Eggs for Teachers & Parents
Let’s save together. Subscribe to my newsletter and join me on social media. Share your tips and deals too!