Welcome to Saving with TaLis
A resources, money saving tips and deals that save money.
I am an extreme saver who enjoys shopping and paying the least amount of money possible when I shop.
Over time i’ve learned enough tricks and ways to save money about shopping, which help me walk out of the store with free merchandise and sometimes even get paid for it.
I started Saving with TaLis a couple of years ago, with the intent to help others save money when shopping as well.
Ways to Save
Mobile apps are the easiest way to save money shopping. It can be as simple as snapping a picture, or scouting sales to maximize bonuses.
These are some of the articles i’ve written to save money with apps:
- Don’t Miss Out on Grocery Cashback? Link Store Cards – Coupons App11 Store Cards to link to Savingstar App
- Save $0.50 on Gas/Gallon at PB or AmocoSave $0.50 per gallon of gasoline at BP or Amoco stations by simply downloading the BPme app. Easy fuel savings plus contactless pay at the…
- Cash Back Apps Everyone Should HaveSave money using apps – smartphones are today’s easiest money savers Saving money grocery shopping is as easy as turning on your cellphone – literally.…
Saving Money with Coupons
I discovered the world of couponing through the popular show Extreme Couponing. I was shocked to see that people can spend little money grocery shopping. However, I didn’t try couponing until I saw my grocery bill. That’s when I started to learn how to coupon and was hooked!
My kids laugh at me. Today, if I don’t have a coupon or promo code for it, I don’t buy it. I simply cannot bring myself to paying full price anymore.
In these posts I share my tips and time saving tricks to couponing:
- 3 Price List Tracking Apps for Coupon OrganizationI enjoy the thrill of saving money using coupons. But what I don’t enjoy is how time consuming it can be. Finding, cutting, sorting, filing,…
- Did You Stop Getting CVS Coupons? 10 Things you can do to Get Them AgainWhat I did to get CVS Coupons Again: After signing up with the CVS Extracare Program, I regularly received CVS coupons. One day, they suddenly…
- Organizing Coupons and Inserts Using the Clip-N-Go MethodThere are a lot of methods to organize your coupons, but the key is to find a method that works for you. I find that…
As I learned more about couponing and using apps I became what I call “an extreme saver” – not an extreme couponer. The difference is that I don’t rely on just coupons and apps to save money. There are several other ways to save.
Saving money with apps and coupons is just one ingredient to the overall recipe that improves savings and finances.
We often overlook discounts and resources that help grow our finances. For example, where we shop or the time of day we shop can be a source of untapped savings. Even your job can be a source for saving money.
The Money Bag
Therefor I write several money saving tips that focus on budgeting and savings in categories relating to shopping for necessities like clothes, college and other education and more.
Some of the tricks, tips and savings posts to read:
- How to Save Money when Price DropsMost savers shop items on sale, or use coupons. Others buy second hand items that are almost new. These are all common ways to save money. But there is another method that can put extra money in your pocket, and is often overlooked: Price drop refunds. Very simple: ‘price drop’ is when an item is…
- Saving Money Using Price Rewind I recently opened a Citi Visa card through the Costco program, and I decided to read about the benefits that the card offers. I’m glad I did. I found that this card offers a price tracking service that so far has saved me a lot of money. In my opinion, one of the best…
- How to Save at Home DepotLooking to save money at Home Depot? Every day Home Depot has a ‘special deal of the day’. It varies every day. Starts at 12:01am and ends at 12:59pm based on your time zone. Deals are both for in-store and online with free shipping for the item. To see what the deal of the day…
- 6 Months Free Amazon Prime Membership for College Students!Additionally, after your free trial membership your monthly fee is 50% off the regular price. Pay only $6.49/month. Happy Savings,TaLis Want to keep saving? Subscribe to get the latest: Subscribe to Saving with TaLis by Email
Traditionally we think of saving money in relation to our personal lives. However, our jobs, where we work and how we spend our days also affects our finances.
Whether additional expenses are the result of owning a business, your profession or where you work, the opportunity to streamline expenses and instead grow our rainy day funds just increases.
You can’t save if you’re not making money.
Living a better Life
When exploring our savings goals we should also take the time to look at our lifestyle – celebrations, things we do at home, other needs and essentials.
While a lot of aspects of our lives revolve around money, the primary goal should be to have an enjoyable lifestyle and improve our mental wellness. Do you agree?
Some of the posts I publish focus on the little things that can make our lives easier and enhance our overall well-being. Both mentally and physically or just for fun:
Frugally living happier posts:
- Super Easy Method to Open Any Size Jar – and know if its safe to eat
- How to Prepare for a Stress Free Black Friday – Shopping From The Comfort of Your HomeI love Black Friday! Nothing beats the thrill of getting the things I want or need at a great price! Rock bottom price! However, I don’t enjoy the stress, the crowds and the super long lines to at the cash register. This is just way too much stress for me. So, I stay home, and…
- Watering your Plants while on VacationSelf Watering Planters and Systems That Save Time Watering Thirsty Plants There are several self watering planters and systems that take care of watering plants while on vacation Taking care of things at home while you are away on vacation is something we have to prepare for. Arranging for someone to care of your plants…
- Fun Toys & Games That Make Kids SmarterWhat fun education toys and games can you ‘gift’ that can compete with addicting video games? Believe it or not, there are a lot of great gift ideas to choose from that are not just entertaining but make kids smarter. For example, take a look in a teacher’s classroom. It is full of educational toys,…
Resources and creative ways to save money and live financially happier
To start saving money an important first step is to think about what we want our finances to be. I always hear the terms ¨financial freedom¨, ¨financially fit¨. However, what does that mean for you in terms of personal finances? Investing & budgeting are big aspects of financial stability to learn, no matter what our ultimate savings goals are. Finances can be so convoluted. Let´s tackle it together.
I invite you to explore this site and join our group of savers.
Happy savings, TaLis
Let’s save together. Subscribe to my newsletter and join me on social media. Share your tips and deals too!