How to get ibotta download bonus – its not automatic but its super easy to get.
What is ibotta?
Ibotta is a free smartphone cashback app that pays users for shopping for groceries, clothes, hotels, car rentals, etc. Ibotta works by having users choose rebates, and then submitting proof of purchase by uploading a picture of the receipt to the app – chaching! Instant cash, plus new users score an ibotta download bonus.
For example – say you´re going grocery shopping at Smiths. You have on your list milk, eggs, yogurt. Before shopping, you open up the ibotta app and browse offers. When you see an item you buy add it to the list by clicking on the plus sign. Then shop, upload the receipt by taking a picture of it and done. You get cash back.
With over 10 million downloads on Google and App store, ibotta is one of the most popular cash back apps used today. The app is super popular because it isn´t just a shop and earn app. There are bonus and sweepstakes that make it fun, quick increase your earning potential as well. To begin, they give new users a bonus for trying it out.
Up to $20 sign up bonus
Ibotta rewards new users with a sign up bonus of up to $20 just for trying out the app. The bonus cash is automatically credited to the account after downloading ibotta and redeeming your first offer when using a referral code (feel free to use mine 7p8dfg )
It is as simple as purchasing a snack or a drink at a gas station, pharmacy or supermarket and snapping a picture of the receipt. All you have to do is purchase one of the products featured in the app.
This is how it works: The download bonus is automatically $10 plus whatever the cash back for the rebates you submit is – up to $20. New users who download the ibotta app, have 7 days to make a qualifying transaction in order to get the ibotta download bonus.
Generally, people download ibotta but don’t know that they have to make a transaction and redeem a rebate in order to get the bonus. However, by you reading this post, you now know better and can get an easy $20 😉.
Steps to get ibotta download bonus
- Once you download ibotta, ‘verify your device‘. (do this on the same device you registered)
- ibotta verifies your account by sending you an email. Find it and click on the link they send
- Next, open the app and browse through the store list, and find items you buy
- Add offers to your account by clicking the ‘+’ sign. (see example below)
- Go shopping! Simply purchase the items you added in the ibotta app.
- Super important: Save the receipt!
- Open the ibotta app, click on ‘redeem‘ (at the bottom of the ibotta screen)
- Follow the directions on the screen: Take a picture of the receipt, which should match the offers you added. You’ll be asked to scan the UPC symbol of the item you purchased. (the UPC symbol is the bar code lines & numbers on a product that is scanned by cashiers at checkout).
- Once you finish scanning all the items you purchased click send.
That’s it! You’ve made your first transaction and you’re on your way to getting your ibotta sign up bonus added to your account.
Pretty simple. You buy groceries anyway, so why not get some cash back?
Here are some of the ibotta rebates in the app
Note: new rebates are constantly being added! I may not have the time to update this article, click here to see the latest. This requires you to register but there is no commitment to use the app.
What offers qualify for the download bonus
Super important: Certain offers do not qualify to get the ibotta bonus. Ibotta has several ‘any store’ and ‘any brand’ offers. They’re great because these are often grocery staples like meat and milk. They pay very little, and make for an awesome moneymaker deal.
If you need to make a qualifying purchase in order to get the download bonus, use any offer including any brand or any store offers. Also search for “free deals”
Some of the offers to redeem and obtain the download bonus are listed in the grid above. Moreover, other rebate categories include online shopping, buying e-gift cards, eating at restaurants, paying with the app and more. Nevertheless, its pretty easy to find a rebate to redeem for the sign up bonus.
Talis Tip: ibotta shopping online takes a long time to get cash back. I recommend using the app to shop in store to speed up getting the download bonus or cash back.
Once your purchase is verified (see steps above), the bonus cash will be credited to your account. When your account reaches $20 in cashback you can cashout. Ibotta doesn´t charge to withdraw cash. Its free.
Start saving money with ibotta with referral code 7p8dfg
ibotta is available to download from itunes & google play
Don’t forget – upload a receipt within 7 days
$15, $20, $30 or Download Bonus
How do you get $20 (or more) cash back?
After redeeming just 1 rebate $10 is automatically added to your account in addition the cashback from the rebates in the app.
To boost your download bonus cash there are a few tricks you can use
Open the app and in the bottom look for “Bonus”. What is an Ibotta Bonus?
- Ibotta gives out bonuses in several ways: for purchasing different products of the same brand. For example, buying a shampoo and also a conditioner.
2. Or use the bonus that are given when buying a select number of products within a certain time.
3. Buy items that are listed as ‘Free after cash back’
4. Buy an e-gift card in ibotta and then use it to pay for your ibotta rebates
5. Sometimes you can buy up to 5 of the same product.
For example: in the next image you’ll see that some products indicate a limit on how many you can buy. This means that you can buy 2 eligible Bounty paper towels and get $6 cash back total. In the case of Knudsen, you can buy up to 5.
Additionally, if I buy 2 paper towels 5 Knudsen, and 10 other products from free offers category, I’ll get an additional $5 cash back.
Are you catching on? 😀
You gotta go shopping anyway. Using Ibotta is a win win savings app.
Read Next: Did you download ibotta? Now what…
Happy savings, TaLis
Ibotta Deal: Free Food
Ibotta has a section dedicated to free after rebate or buy one get one free products.
Saving with TaLis is a reader supported site and earns a small commission when you click on affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure HERE. Thank you.