Many CVS shoppers overlook ibotta and miss out on the extra savings. Use pay with Ibotta and double your savings
Ibotta is a mobile grocery cashback app that pays you when buy certain products at select stores. It is available for iPhones and Android phones, free to use, and easy to save money with. There are several ways users can save money with Ibotta, and with the Pay with Ibotta feature, it is even quicker to earn cash. The best part – no coupons needed!
If you don’t already have the app, you can earn up to $20 for trying out the app.
What is Pay with Ibotta
Pay with ibotta is basically a way to pay for your purchase using a gift card through the ibotta app.
Make money using pay with ibotta
When you purchase a gift card and use it to pay at a retailer, ibotta will pay you a percentage of the total amount purchased. The gift card looks like a physical gift card, with a barcode, gift card number and pin number.
How to Pay with Ibotta at CVS
Head to CVS and shop as usual. At checkout, instead of paying with a credit card or cash, you pay with the gift card purchased in the ibotta app.
CVS and Pay with ibotta quick set up guide
- After you download ibotta and register, head to the section that says pay with ibotta
- The first time you do this, the app will guide you to easily link a credit or debit card in order to pay for the CVS gift card. (Your credit card charge will show as ‘ibotta Pay‘)
- Choose CVS, and enter the cash amount of the gift card you want. Once its processed, you’ll see the gift card’s barcode and pin number, just like a regular gift card.
- At checkout, open the app and head to the pay with ibotta section and choose CVS . Choose the tab labeled ‘transaction‘ to choose the gift card you want to pay with (you may have more than one). Show the cashier the barcode to scan or enter the digits manually and that’s it. You just earned cash back. (Note: to see the entire digits of the gift card, click on the copy sign).
Double savings with Ibotta:
Make money with ibotta by redeeming offers for the same transaction
You can double your savings using pay with ibotta by redeeming qualifying offers in the same receipt that you just paid for. Thus, you earn when you pay with ibotta, and redeeming offers at CVS – here is how:
Redeem ibotta CVS offers
- In the picture above you can see there is a ‘pay with ibotta’ tab and an ‘offers’ tab. Choose the ‘offers‘ tab.
- Choose the products you will be buying by clicking on the + sign. Ibotta will prompt you to either view a short video, answer a couple of questions, or learn something new. At the end, you’ll see a check mark. This will indicate the offer has been added to your list. (see picture 👉)
- Shop at CVS using your extracarebucks, CVS coupons, manufacturer coupons and other discounts to minimize your out of pocket expenses and then pay.
- After you pay with ibotta, upload the receipt by snapping a picture of it.
- Scan the upc barcode of the product purchased, and done. You’ll get cash back again after the transaction is verified.
Ibotta & other app deals:
Note: Quite often, the rebates you find in ibotta are also available in other apps. Use other apps along with ibotta to maximize savings.
Related Articles: Clever Ways to Save Money at CVS
There are lots of ways to save money. It may require a little extra work, but it does pay off!
Happy savings, TaLis
Now you can Pay with ibotta at CVS to maximize your savings!
Happy savings, TaLis